Home School Agreement
As a pupil at St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School I will try to:-
- Respect teachers and all adults who work with me and care for me;
- Follow Jesus’ teachings by looking after others in the school;
- Wear my school uniform and bring all equipment I need every day;
- Keep our school tidy and look after the equipment and books that the school provides;
- Take care of my own belongings and have respect for those of others;
- Observe all school rules;
- Always work to the best of my ability;
- Pray and reflect reverently;
- Set a good example to younger children in the school.
As a school we will endeavour to:-
- Provide Religious Education for all pupils in accordance with the Curriculum Directory for Catholic schools as regulated by the Archbishop;
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum which actively engages your child and nurtures his/her curiosity;
- Provide for the needs of all pupils regardless of ability or background and ensure that your child is given every opportunity to realise his/her potential whilst aiming for high standards of achievement at all times;
- Provide a safe, happy environment for your child in which they are treated with respect and compassion;
- Nurture your child’s Faith and spiritual life;
- Be open and welcoming and offer opportunities for you to be involved in the life of the school;
- Provide regular information about school events, your child’s progress and their behaviour;
- Listen to concerns and do our best to help;
- Encourage children to respect themselves, each other, other people in their communities and their surroundings.
As a family we will endeavour to:-
- Make every effort to make sure that our child attends school regularly and on time and provide a note of explanation or telephone if s/he is absent;
- Talk with teachers about our child’s progress and make an effort to find out about the work being undertaken in school and the ways in which we can support this;
- Support the school’s Catholic ethos, the spiritual life of the school (including collective worship) and the school’s ‘Values and Virtues’;
- Support the school’s policies on attendance, discipline, uniform, and safeguarding and advise the school of any health or relevant family problems.
- Support the school in practical ways when opportunities arise;
- Encourage our child to respect themselves, each other, other people in their communities and their surroundings.